This Policy explains our approach to online information collection, storage and use in connection with this site, as well as the specific choices you can make about your own information. Please read this Policy carefully. By using the site you will be deemed to have agreed to this Policy, so if you do not agree please do not use the site.
This Policy contains details on the following:
- Information we collect and why
- Who we will share your personal information with
- Where we store your personal information
- Your rights, including opt-in and opt-out
- Your rights to access your personal information, keep it up to date and ask us questions
- Cookies – what they are and how we use them
- Why we link to other websites
We may post changes to this Policy from time to time, so do review it regularly. This Policy was last reviewed on 20 March 2018. If you have any questions about this Policy or the information that we hold, please contact us: email@example.com or write to us at Twig Education, 6475 East Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 355, Long Beach, CA, 90803
1. Information We Collect and Why
- Information collected on your visit to our site: We do automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our site - such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service, your IP address. This enables us to review site usage, e.g. information on which pages are more popular than others, which allows us to improve the design and content of our site.
- Information collected when you register or contact us: We collect personally identifiable information about you, e.g. your name, address, telephone number, email, etc., only when you choose to complete and submit a registration application to us or if you contact us directly. This information enables us to administer your registration and to provide you with the personalized features and the particular site service(s) for which that registration was necessary. We also use the personally identifiable information you provide to us when you contact us directly to respond to your specific inquiry or to administer the relevant site activity to which it relates e.g. to enter you into a site competition or to supply information or goods you have requested.
- Information collected when you post on our site: You should be aware that you may be making available personally identifiable information about yourself when you submit material to be posted to the site e.g. for forums or other interactive elements of the site. Please take care when doing so. You can always contact us if you wish to remove any such information (see Your Rights, Including Opt-In and Opt-Out Provisions section below).
- Information we collect from third parties: we may collect information from third parties about you from time to time. This information is necessary for us to recognize you as a registered subscriber.
2. Who We Share Your Personal Information With
- We may share your personal information with our current or potential commercial partners e.g. agents, investors and sponsors etc.
- When you provide your registration application, and in some cases when you supply personally identifiable information directly to us from certain parts of the site, we may provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to certain uses e.g. to provide you with information about the site or other services that you may find of interest. We will only use your personally identifiable information for marketing purposes or share your personally identifiable information with anyone else for marketing purposes if you have specifically consented to that. Remember that you can opt-out of these again at any time (see Your Rights, Including Opt-In and Opt-Out Provisions section below).
- Please be aware that it is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, e.g., in response to a court order or a law enforcement agency's request.
3. Where We Store Your Personal Information
4. Your Rights, Including Opt-In and Opt-Out Provisions
- You have the option at any time to request that we provide a copy of the personal information we hold relating to you and we shall try to provide this information to you within one month of your request.
- You have the right to ask us to update or remove any such personal information.
- You have the right to ask us to stop contacting you where we do this in accordance with your previous consent.
- You have the right to complain to the ICO if you do not think we have handled your data in accordance with this policy.
5. Contact Us for Access to Your Personal Information
To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Twig Education, 6475 East Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 355, Long Beach, CA, 90803.
- A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on a user's computer hard disk so that the website can remember who the user is. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- When you visit our site we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
To enable the personalisation features on our site, which give you the ability to recall recently viewed pages and see information which you have provided online.
To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our site. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this site, session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer, though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. You may not, however, be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
7. Third Party Services
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
You can find more information about the individual services we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|review.twigscience.com||This service is used when you register and login. This is necessary to allow you to use the logged in features and to enable our site to remember your preferences.||-|
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics is used to track usage patterns and the audience who use our site. We use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting.||To opt out: Google Opt-Out|